On My Desk: Final Commercial Design Project

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? I was busy unpacking, finding a place for all my things from school, relaxing and celebrating at my graduation party. More on that tomorrow!

Today I'm going to give you a peek into my final projects at FIDM. What you're going to see are renderings from my commercial thesis class, created in Google Sketch Up and rendered in Photoshop.  The project was to redesign an existing club/restaurant in Hollywood. Now, because clubs aren't really my thing (ha!) I just turned the plan into a classy, upscale, industrial, succulent-filled space for people to enjoy brunch, lunch and dinner.  In my proposed plan, a live band will play in the evenings. That's much more my style :) 

Cafe style seating with a huge picture window:
This artwork is by Jen of Cocoa & Hearts. I loved it so much, I couldn't resist putting it in my project! 

Bar area & chalkboard wall with the menu written on it:

Main bar: 

Outdoor patio area:

There you have it! If you can even believe it, this project took me close to 60 hours. There was so much more to the project than what I've shown here, but this is good enough to give you a general idea.  Even though I'm not extremely interested in commercial design, I came away happy with my project and excited about the restaurant I created.

Enjoy your Monday! I'm off to pick up some beautiful rentals from my friend Erin for my friend's bridal shower this weekend. Hooray!
xoxo
Photobucket

14 comments

  1. ahh computer renderings...we never did learn Sketch up, we worked in MAX a lot, PAIN IN THE BUTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this, especially the bar area. looks like a LOT of hard work
    kw ladies in navy
    $50 anthropologie giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...that does look like a lot of hard work!?! But, it looks amazing...I would go there for sure! ;) Jesse @ Scout & Nimble

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome! I would love to hang out somewhere like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, and it also looks like so much work! I love the lamps you picked for the bar area :)
    xo,
    Marcela
    http://tucasablogonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, it looks amazing! i would much rather go here than a club!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a place I'd like to hang out at!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    Stella & Dot Giveaway on my Blog
    Five Minute Style 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the modern feel to this layout! If this were a real place, I would totally go there!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You designed such a beautiful space, your work looks wonderful! I wish the design program I went through offered more opportunities to use SketchUp and Photoshop because its so incredibly beneficial.

    xo, Kylie Rae
    Shimmer Me Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have answered a question i have been asking in mind for eons, how do people make those beautiful design sketches?! thank you though i totally believe that it took you 60 hours. in fact i would believe you if you said it took twice that long. your space is gorgeous. love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! Even if it's not your passion, as a fellow interior designer I really appreciate you sharing another, lesser-known side of the profession. I think it's great that you are using your blog as a platform to educate others about our awesome career choice. :)

    If you have time, check out my recent grad project. It's funny because I'm the opposite of you... my calling was definitely not residential (my professors say it's the hardest category of interior design)!

    http://www.livingingenuity.com/2013/06/summer.html

    Challie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you are so clever. It would be really hard to design a bar area but you've done an amazing job. Good on you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top