California Loving: Trip to the Beach


I've so loved my time at home with my family in California! Last week my mom and I met my best friend, who lives in the LA area, in San Luis Obispo. This is just about the halfway point between my friend and my parent's house in the Bay Area, so it worked out perfectly. We spent the day shopping, then went to a nice dinner over looking this gorgeous beach. We stayed at a hotel near the beach that had mineral hot tubs on each balcony-- it was so fun (minus the weird smell of the mineral baths!) I have to say, though, my skin and hair have never been softer.

Since moving to Michigan in May, I haven't had a lot of time with my girlfriends from back home, and specifically hadn't seen my best friend since April, so it was a wonderful, sweet time to have together. We met back in college (so four whole years ago now) and I just know we'll be friends for a lifetime. I loved spending this time with my mama, too! Here are some pictures from our day at the beach:




The water was FREEZING. I had forgot that the ocean here is much colder than the lakes in Michigan ;)


How was your weekend? I hope you were able to enjoy it! I'm not sure what the weather was like in your neck of the woods, but here in Bay Area, it was a shocking 95. I mean...it's October and I was out shopping with my mom trying on Fall sweaters all day! Something just wasn't right about that picture.

Happy Monday, friends!
xoxo
Photobucket

4 comments

  1. I didn't think anything was colder than Lake Michigan...brrrr...that lake is beautiful but I can barely put my toes in without getting frostbite it feels like, ha! Looks like you had a great time, beautiful pics! Weather here in good old WI was COLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am super shocked by the recent summery october weather! it's crazy that it's still in the mid-eighties today in oregon
    ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beach photos and I'm so glad you got to have time with family and a close friend! There is nothing better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top